Sleep Apnea Treatment
Do you have trouble sleeping? Have you ever been told you snore? Merion Village Dental may be able to help you sleep better each and every night.
Is a sleep apnea dental appliance right for you?
Did you know that dental appliances can replace the need for invasive breathing devises, such as CPAP machines, that are cumbersome, annoying, and loud? We are happy to offer a unique, non-invasive approach to treating sleep apnea.
If you would like to know if this method can help you, Merion Village Dental offers a simple and effective Sleep Better Program:
- Firstly, we offer a free in-office pharyngometer test to see if your airways suggest you suffer from sleep apnea.
- Next, patients can purchase a take-home sleep study that will record their biological conditions during sleep. At-home sleep studies tend to work better than in-office or medically guided sleep studies because the patient can enjoy the comfort of their own home and their own bed, which often lends to more accurate results.
- Lastly, if the at-home sleep study suggests a patient will benefit from a dental appliance, we will create a mouth device to open the airway as the patient sleeps, resulting in a better, healthier night’s rest.
Our sleep apnea appliances allow us to naturally:
- Open your airway while you sleep
- Prevent soft tissues from sealing off the airway
- Use proven positioning techniques similar to those used in CPR
- Eliminate the need for CPAP machines in some patients
Each sleep apnea appliance is a small mouthpiece that is worn when you go to bed at night. This comfortable appliance gently guides the jaw forward so that the soft tissues such as the soft palate, tonsils, tongue, and back of the mouth do not come into contact with one another. The result is an opened airway that allows a comfortable night’s rest!
What to expect from your sleep apnea mouthpiece
Many Merion Village Dentistry patients notice results the very first night that they use their appliance. These appliances are created during a short appointment where an impression will be made of your mouth and teeth. In just a few days, we’ll have your customized oral sleep apnea appliance ready for you!
Now is the time to get a good night's rest
With a sleep apnea appliance, our patients can sleep where they want and how they want, without the need for a bulky machine. Set up your sleep apnea appointment with us today by chatting with a member of our team online!
- Cleaning Teeth
- Fixing Teeth
- Replacing Teeth
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Straightening Teeth
- Jaw Pain
- Snoring/Can’t Sleep
- Bad Breath
- Afraid of Dentist
- Upgrade Your Smile
- Sensitive Teeth