Emergency Dental Care
Have a tooth emergency? Merion Village Dental is here to help!
Toothaches and dental trauma can be a painfully debilitating experience. Our goal at Merion Village Dentistry is to alleviate our patients’ pain or discomfort, while also protecting your smile. Call us right away at 614.443.4400 if you are experiencing a dental emergency.
If you are experiencing dental pain now, call us right away at 614.443.4400 for emergency dental care.
Often times, emergencies happen outside of our normal business hours. In the event that you experience a dental emergency while our office is closed, you can call our 24-hour emergency hotline. Your message will be directed to a dentist on call, who will contact you immediately.
If your emergency occurs during regular operating hours, we will work you into our schedule for same day treatment. Please contact our office to indicate your emergency, and follow the instructions from one of our friendly team members.
Here are some important steps to take to manage your discomfort at home.
- Broken Tooth: Be sure to rinse your mouth with warm water and use a cold compress to keep swelling down until you obtain emergency care.
- Jaw Pain: Firmly apply a cold compress to control swelling and contact you doctor or dentist immediately.
- Missing Tooth: Always be sure to hold the tooth by the crown. If it is possible gently place the tooth back in the socket after rinsing it with water. If this is not possible, place the tooth in a glass of milk and contact your dentist.
- Bleeding Gums: Gently clean the area with a cloth and apply a cold compress. If the bleeding persists, seek emergency care.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water and try flossing to remove any food that may be caught in your teeth. Be sure never to place aspirin or painkillers against the gums near the aching tooth, as this may burn the gums.
- Object in Tooth: Gently trying flossing your teeth with dental floss. If this does not dislodge the object, contact your dentist for assistance.
* Emergency dental tips approved by the ADA.
We’re Here to Help
Regardless as to whether you’re a new patient, or a patient of record, Merion Village Dental is always ready to help patients with their dental emergency. Call us immediately, and don’t put the pain off any longer.
- Cleaning Teeth
- Fixing Teeth
- Replacing Teeth
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Straightening Teeth
- Jaw Pain
- Snoring/Can’t Sleep
- Bad Breath
- Afraid of Dentist
- Upgrade Your Smile
- Sensitive Teeth